Thursday, September 29, 2011

From this Chair...

By Cloann McNall

Orofino is saying goodbye this week to Roy Clay, former mayor, current councilman and longtime businessman who passed away Friday at the local hospital.

His presence will certainly be missed by the entire community.

Roy is one of the first persons I met when I moved here in 1969 and I always admired him and his three children, Mike, Kathy Hanson and Cindy Freeman. I often commented that Roy and his late wife Rose did a fine job of rearing their three children.

I was treated with respect and courtesy by Roy during our 40 plus years of doing business together through the Ponderosa and Tribune.

When my family broke up in 1984 Roy was the one business person who approached me and said he was sorry for the loss I had experienced. He was never chauvinistic and to me, being a female in the business world in Orofino in the 1980’s, made Roy a lasting star in my world.

I will miss him, his graciousness and leadership and offer sympathy to his family who will suffer a great void in their lives as all three of them continue to live here.

Quote: A man can have no better epitaph than that which is inscribed in the heart of his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment